Beach Cottage Decorating & Tablescaping with Red!

Mon 21st, Jun, 2010

10 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 10 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 10 Flares ×

201006-Tablescaping-Red-01

Hellooo!  I hope the weekend treated you girls well.

I spent most of it on the side of a football pitch apart from a few lovely warm sunshine filled hours on the beach on Sunday afternoon…the kids in the surf me strapped to a chair reading the paper…ahhh.

201006-Tablescaping-Red-02

So I thought I would show you my dining room from the other day…I had a little move around with old doors and chairs and ladders, and I found a big old Mason jar while out thrifting…

The red thing though all started with a bottle of strawberry cordial that I bought because I liked the shape of the glass, which led me to looking for recipes for things to do with it…and chancing upon one that tickled my fancy.

201006-Tablescaping-Red-03

Now this bottle and the recipe and all strawberry finery got me to thinking about some spice, some colour, some, gasp, red in my old place and so here I dressed up my table with some touches of ruby…

201006-Tablescaping-Red-04

…cordial, strawberries, camelias, oh and vodka…

201006-Tablescaping-Red-05

nothing like spicing it all up a tad and lacing a cordial with a spot of Smirnoff to tickle one’s fancy…

201006-Tablescaping-Red-06

..and throwing around a few sea-like things…plus a few vintage chairs…

201006-Tablescaping-Red-07

It all went down well with the beautiful winter temps we are having, though I have to say this is for sure one thing I will be making again in the heat of the summer!

201006-Tablescaping-Red-08

I hope you like it?

I must say this was a most enjoyable table dressing occasion for me…and led me to another very interesting one on the deck and me making a blueberry tart, which in itself is an accomplishment as you know…more of that to come soon.

Anyway lovelies, I must now fly, I am going on a treasure hunting walk…one of my favourite pastimes, where I combine exercise with looking for vintage things…with my ipod, pounding legs between the shops and if I can stomach it some 350′s though with the way I am feeling will be probably more like 150′s today….and I may swing by the Frenchy shop ;-)

See you soon

201006-Tablescaping-Red-01

10 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 10 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 10 Flares ×

55 Responses to “Beach Cottage Decorating & Tablescaping with Red!”

1. Sharon Smart says:

Mmmmm strawberries and vodka…..gotta remember that combo now that we are coming into strawberry season. We have a few strawberry farms nearby so I think I might have to pay them a visit ;)
    Love the splashed of red!

2. melissa says:

Sarah, you had me at Smirnoff! :) Oh, and it looks pretty, too. :P

3. Tina says:

Hi Sarah:) Just catching up on your gorgeous blog after being away studying for a week and WOW!!! How wonderful is your new look blog! It is amazing!!!!!! I also love your tablescape with red! Received next month’s Country Style this past week…Thank You:) Hope you have a lovely week ~ Tina xx

4. Stacy says:

Yum, I’ll have to try that drink! I love the beautiful red flowers! You know what else I love?…that you’re basically a day ahead of me (it’s Sunday evening here in California, USA) so I feel like I get a special weekend post every Sunday/Monday! :)

5. m says:

Just love this!

m ^..^

6. Mmmmm! That drink looks soooo good, Sarah – especially since it’s been so hot and humid here in the States lately. Scrumptious! And the ruby red in your house is very happy and cheery looking!

xoxo laurie@heavenswalk

7. Debbie says:

Wow! the red looks so pretty with all your whites. Sounds like a great summer time drink. Thank you for sharing this Sarah!
    Debbie@houseatthelake

8. Cindy S says:

Hi Sarah,
    Red looks wonderful in your white beachy decor! I love it. Seems anything you do in your sweet little cottage turns out look just fabulous.
    Hugs, Cindy S

9. Deanne says:

Red and white are one of my favourite colour combos- anything with white really but red just makes such a punch!

10. Glenda says:

Sarah, this table is so beautiful in red and the variation of color in the drink – lovely. These pictures made me picture your white setting in other accent colors. I love it that you have so many options. Happy shopping/walking/hunting.Glenda

11. Tricia Rose says:

LOVE the red – what a surprise!

Keep us guessing, we need it!

12. I never expected to see red in the beach cottage but what a lovely contrast and a nice way to warm up in winter too.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

13. Katrina says:

Absolutely gorgeous Sarah!

14. gretchen says:

what a pretty table! and i love the mismatched chairs

15. Kathy says:

Like the splash of red for a change…..look forward to the blueberry tart pics.

16. Debbie says:

I HAD to read your post as the title intrigued me. I was familiar with your beach cottage style and love it. A room of white is lovely but I have to say that splash of red …is fantastic.

Blessings,
    Debbie

17. Anne Marie says:

this seriously is my favorite post yet – so simple – and THE coolest styling with your photography yet……

so great –

xo
    Anne Marie

18. Michelle says:

Well for me thats the prettiest tablescaping you’ve done so far . I’m loving it ! Who would have thought red would work so well in the beach cottage . x Michelle

19. Sarah,
    Your table looks beautiful!!
    I want to tell you again, how much I love the look of your blog!! I could stay here all day!
    Hugs,
    Your American friend,
    Maria

20. Karena says:

I adore the pops of red with the nod to nautical! Beautiful…

Karena
    Art by Karena

21. Tammi N says:

I must say that I love the touch of red you have added, another gorgeous but simple look!!

22. Stacy says:

P.S. Where did you find the sweet pink chair? I don’t think I’ve seen it before…

23. Lark says:

It’s looking mighty springy/summery with those strawberries!! Are you sure winter is just around the corner down there? Or does the Lucky Country get lucky with fruit too?

24. Susan Page says:

The table setting look beautiful Sarah. Just enough red to give it some real punch..great work once again

25. Kim says:

Miss Sarah~You Rock! Always fabulous, nothing less.~Cheers my Dear Kim

26. Alison Gibbs says:

Sarah the red really ‘pops’, love it.
    Bring me down one of those drinks thanks… I.m sure you could just pop on down to the Mornington Peninsula for a bit of r and r!!
    Alison

27. Alessandra says:

this is absolutely amazing!I love the way you used little jars as glasses!

28. Anne-Marie says:

Loving the red Sarah, you are branching out!
    Red is the Chinese colour of luck and happiness. Splashes of red used wisely is good feng shui.
    My home has little pops of red and you know what…life ain’t too bad :)
    xx

29. Did i read RED in the title? I mean waaaahhh??? I dont like red much, I NEVER wear it and I hardly have it around me, its just not one of my favourite colours ~ at all. BUT wow that just looks so darn good. And its Red. And it works. It works real good. I’m liking Red a whole lot more. Hi I’m Alicia and I’m not a redaholic, but now well, I could be, yes I could…
    alicia ;0)

30. deb says:

Yumm, I’ll have a double. After all that hard work I hope you didn’t let those pretty drinks go to waste.

31. LouBoo says:

I am in awe of these wonderful spreads! The strawberry drinks look just so pretty. Beautifully styled… Lou x

32. Kirsten says:

Hi Sarah, what a beautiful setting & the pictures are good enough for a magazine!

33. Annie says:

Sarah-
    What a great pop of color!!
    and vodka with ANYTHING is always good…
    That little pink of the chair is just right!
    annie

34. Shar Y. says:

It looks very yummy! Love it…

35. I love the red and white combination…so fancy! :)

36. lisa b says:

What a beautiful and refreshing tablescape! The red strawberries with the crisp white is very inviting! Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos and inspiring scenes!

37. rachel says:

So, so lovely, Sarah! Adore the red and white together…simply fab! ;)

Smiles,
    rachel

38. vosgesparis says:

the pictures are somewhat blurry and faded…. I like it ;)
    Rading about your I pod it makes me wondering what is on it….
    desiree

39. UM how lovely the strawberries look. I think I’ll make a smoothie.

Jan

40. Sarah, I’m smiling right now as I sip BLACKBERRY wine and
    enjoy your latest post. I’m on holiday in Savannah, GA and
    picked this local wine up today to try…..It is the same amazing
    shade of red as the lovelies in your beautiful tablescape! You
    sure make it look so easy and delightful! LOVE the flowers
    in the mason jar and of course, the pretty beachy touches.
    Strawberries should be available locally once I am back home,
    so thank you for the inspiration ~ Mr. Smirnoff, here I come!
    xx Suzanne

41. carole says:

oooh, yummy! we had strawberry daiquiris last night after dinner, and I was thinking how gorgeous that red colour looked in contrast to the neutral tablescape.

my favourite red colour combination is with a robin’s egg blue. check out this delightful group of pictures:

42. DeAna says:

uh love the table scape. I have to tell you that I was shopping the other day and came across floaty white linen and thought of you (and how I love linen, but usually buy cotton.) Have I told you lately how much I love your blog?! Thank you for making my my days happier because of your creative talents and the willingness to share them.

43. robyn says:

OHHHH I’m in strawberry heaven with those photos! I think this is one of my favorite table settings I’ve seen on the web ever. It’s just my taste! So many of them tend to be overdone for me and this one is PERFECTION! CAN I beg you PLEASE to send me the strawbery drink recipe? It’s strawberry season still hear and it’s about 90 degrees and some evenings certainly call for a bit of a libation!

44. Paddy says:

Sarah. Beautiful. I certainly hope you are saving these in high-res!

45. Ginger says:

Sarah, It’s absolutely B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! Love it. Can’t say enough things about how pretty the table looks. That is a classy combo..that red and white. Course, that’s the beauty of your white house, any color will work equally well there. As simple as some flowers and strawberries and you have a completely fresh new look. Lovely! Have a great one!

46. Jennifer says:

I love splashes of red; this post just made me extraordinarily happy!

47. Laura says:

Love it!! The red just pops out. Super cute!

48. tara says:

Sarah, you rocked this, these are some of my favorite photos of yours, well they are all pretty, but girl, I am loving the red and the pink chair and the white…with little beach touches…sigh, so pretty!!!

49. Love the red with the white. I’m linking to this post in my weekly round-up. Thanks, Sarah! :-)

50. Naomi says:

I happen to be looking for something on the web today when I came across this particular post. All I could do is smile. This tablescape is absolutely lovely. An hour later I found myself still on your blog lazily looking through your other beautiful posts.What a beautiful blog and a fantastic find for me. I have shared my “find” with my friends on my blog and on Twitter. Thank you for the bit of lovely you unknowingly shared with me today. :-)

51. It’s always a good read when I come to your blog. I love the tablescape with the great mason jar. and the little drinks, I noticed a couple are in small jars. I love that idea!

52. Elizabeth says:

You are really torturing us, talking about how cool that drink recipe is without sharing!

53. Brandon Vale says:

It’s a breathtaking pictures.The decorations are very nice.The color is very refreshing to eyes.

Dallas Real Estate Seminar